The Renovators!

The Renovators!
Can they do it???

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Taping Seams

Happy Saturday!

Today I tackled the first round of seam taping in the bathroom. B-Flick took off on Friday for an overnight work trip to Cleveland so in order to keep moving forward I had to muster up the courage to take on this new task without a sounding board. We really talk through all of these new steps so that we make sure we are both on the same page so this was a big one for me.

I started on Friday night by realizing we had the wrong kind of tape for the joint compound - fortunately this realization was made before starting work :) Quick trip to Lowes this morning fixed that up and it took about 3 or so hours to get the whole bathroom done. Not too shabby if I do say so myself! All of the reading I did in the days leading up to this project said that this was the worst part about drywalling...perhaps those people didn't actually hang the drywall. Now I'm not saying that the job is perfect, however, this was about 345 times better than hanging the drywall. As I mentioned to Tara and Mark on the phone today (thanks for the call guys!!)...it's like putting frosting on a cake. Actually, I bet I could dominate frosting a cake right now...

If you don't hear much from us in the next day or so that is because we are sanding and applying the next coats of compound - which is probably not all that exciting for those of you who have complete bathrooms. For us, it is THRILLING. We still have some big decisions to make but are pleased with the progress to date.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms following!

Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment